Marijn Spoelstra (Curaçao, 1970) has a Masters of Science in Civil Engineering from Delft Technical University. For his thesis he worked in an exchange program on the University of Rome on the subject of earthquake engineering and fibre-reinforced plastics. After his thesis, he worked several years for Ballast Nedam as a plan developer. In this job he focussed on the creative side of area and real estate development (concept development, masterplanning). Then he moved to Fakton, where he worked on numerous projects with a focus on finance, strategy and process. In 2006 he founded Mountainworks to link his fields of experience and fully develop and carry out his integrated, project oriented way of thinking and working.
• Mountainworks, director-owner, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2006–)
• Fakton, Rotterdam, The Netherlands (2002–2005)
• Ballast Nedam Engineering, Amstelveen, The Netherlands (1998–2001)
• Berlage Institute, Rotterdam, NL / “Light Capital: Urban Scripts for Ljubljana” (2005–2006)
• Masters of Science, Civil Engineering, Delft Technical University, The Netherlands (1997)